Thursday, May 2, 2013

Every Single One of these Objects is Made of Paper


A dusty old chair, a wrinkled pair of jean shorts, or the classic shape of a wooden Eames chair, amazingly, they are made almost completely with paper by Los Angeles-based artist Vincent Tomczyk. Via his artist statement:
"My art centers on objects to stimulate visceral connections. These compositions represent biographies of people, experiences and interpretations of intangible ideas. Although my work can be categorized as realism, my intention is to distill the emotion of an object, then through expression, reconstruct it into my view of its essential self – free of function. [...] As an artist working primarily with paper, my art requires me to be part craftsman and part engineer. I learned a lot about how to construct things by working at my father’s side, in his workshop. I’m compelled to produce work that is visually poetic by using a medium that defies perceived limitations."
If you want to see more of his paper works visit his website.







1 comment:

  1. Wondeгful post! We are linkіng to thіs ρarticularly great post
    on our site. Keep up the great writing.

    my homepаge; snore stop ad

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...